Monday, February 24, 2014

Hello There!

Hello! I decided to start a "real" blog after using livejournal and tumblr over the years. I decided that I wanted something a little more "grown up" and professional - whatever that means. I don't want this to be a social media type deal, I want it to be more of my real thoughts, real life, and an outlet.

So, I'll start by introducing myself...I'm Julia and right now I'm living in central New Hampshire in the Lakes Region. I grew up in New Hampshire but left for college. After getting my degree in Psychology I applied to an AmeriCorps program and am currently in my second year with the AmeriCorps Victims Assistance Program. This program works with survivors of sexual assault, stalking, and relationship violence across the state of New Hampshire. My position with the program is at the University of New Hampshire. We are fortunate enough to be one of a growing number of schools to have a sexual assault/relationship violence crisis center right on campus. In my position I work as an advocate for students who have experienced these types of violence. My official title (for now...) is an advocate. This may be changing (for the better...fingers crossed) but nothing yet. So, enough about my professional life! I live with my boyfriend John and our two feline babies, Mayor and Cleo. Right now we're at the point in our lives where we're both trying to figure out our next step and how to move forward and build a foundation to grow on. John is looking for a new full-time job/career, and I'm exploring my options as I wind down my time as an AmeriCorps member. Life is very uncertain for us right now and I know I am extremely anxious for everything to be figured out.

I'm going to try to keep this updated and write a few times a week about my life, what's been happening, what's on my mind, etc. We shall see!

(I realize after typing this that I wrote it as if there were a lot of people reading it...even though I know no one is. Right now? Maybe that will change some day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment